1. Our van. Our Geo died and we are down to one car right now until we figure out what is wrong with the car. I am so grateful to have the van that everyone fits in and that runs well.
2. Jamie. I know I said him yesterday, but I focused on his work and learning. I am grateful for the kind and compassionate person he is and that I get to be married to such a wonderful man.
3. Jamie's test being done. Oi Can I just say whew. I really hope he passed (I think he did) because it is stressful for all of us to have the deadline looming. I'm glad that one's done.
4. Getting out with the family. We went out and celebrated having that section of the test done. It was so nice to be out as a family just hanging out. Not going to an appointment or running errands, just being together doing something completely relaxing--it was really nice.
5. A new TV/VCR. I have been wanting to do Yoga in the living room but haven't because our only TV is in the playroom, which I don't want to clean every time I want to relax; that's a little counter-productive. We went to DI (I love treasure hunting there) and found a little combo for $5. It's silly I know, but it brought a smile to my face and is part of my long-term desires of being healthy and relaxed.
Today I am grateful for
1. Jamie's raise. He asked for a raise last week and today he found out that he got exactly what he asked for. I am so grateful for that. It is also another addition to my testimony of tithing--which cleared our bank this morning.
2. Spencer. He is such a great example to me and to his brother and sister. He is such a good worker and always wants to be good. He also is kind and uncontentious. Rarely does he pick fights or even get involved with them. He is a wonderful son and I love the connection we are developing.
3. A working washer and dryer. A friend recently mentioned that she needed to go get a new dryer because she has had to run clothes through her's two or three times. I felt bad for her when she said that but when she said that it had been that way for several years I couldn't believe it. I would go bonkers. I hate doing laundry and to have it require so much time and attention would just drive me to using a bat on it.
4. Slippers. I don't really care for winter--okay, we're being honest here--I hate winter and being cold. I love that I have nice warm, squishy slippers that I can wear and relax in.
5. Bedtime. I had a friend tell me that God created night so that mom's could love their kids again. While I, and every mother, love my kids, some days get long. It is so nice to see them when they look so angelic and peaceful; it makes the rest of my night peaceful and calm.
No comments:
Post a Comment