One Word
My journey as I learn of Christ and make Him and my relationship with Him the focus of my life.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nich

This weekend was fun and very emotional. Nich deployed today to head to Iraq and will be gone for 9 months. We, meaning Mom and Dad and all my siblings and their families went to a cabin in Kamas to have some time together and send Nich of on a positive note.

I am grateful for the time that we had together. My dad spent a lot of time arranging the stay at the cabin and making sure that we would be able to stay there.

Jamie was very considerate and took charge of the kids for the weekend so that I could stay up and play games with everyone and say goodbye to Nich. He also gave me the time to go to my parents' to play more games and have some quiet time with my family.

My dad giving Nich a blessing.

Nich saying goodbye and telling each of us why he loves us and then he bore his testimony. It was a very sacred experience. He told me that he feels like he has always felt like he is playing catch-up with me and that I set a good example. He has always admired my testimony and spirituality. He sees me taking good care of my family and my siblings.

The Plan of Salvation. I know that the temple sealing is real and that even if I don't see Nich again in this life that I will see him again and he will still be my brother.

Nich's blessing said that he would come home whole and a better and stronger person. I pray that happens.

I am so grateful that Heavenly Father strengthened me so much this weekend that I was able to resist all of the food there and eat only the foods on my list. I learned a lot about how to have self control. All I had to do was really make the decision to not eat what I shouldn't and pray that I would be strong. Duh! How long has it taken me to realize that. It says in the scriptures, "study it out in your mind and then ask me if it be right..." I have to make the decision first and then ask Heavenly Father to help me. If I really decide not to yell at the kids I have to not make it an option and then ask Heavenly Father to strengthen me to stick to that decision. What great insight. I feel like I am changing and being changed. I think much more clearly with out junk in my system and I am able to really think through what I want. How grateful I am to my Heavenly Father for teaching me about myself and how to overcome my weaknesses. With all of the tempting foods there and not even "sampling" any of them--if I can do that I can do anything, especially through the help of my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment